Representing my colleagues is something I take very seriously. Please know our collective rights and responsibilities are very important to me. My teaching experience in elementary and middle school, as well as my involvement with co-teaching and academic intervention services, have broadened my view of the types of challenges which all of us face. This is a difficult time for educators in public education but, I remain confident that our work ethic and professionalism will prevail.
- I have been very fortunate to work for the Kenmore Town of Tonawanda School District for over twenty years.
- Working as a third grade teacher, sixth grade teacher, mentor, and staff development director have allowed me to develop a skill set which I hope translates into understanding and passion for teaching.
- I have previously served the KTA as a building representative, Executive Board member, and second vice president.
- Additionally, I have served as a union representative on district committees for Teacher Evaluation, Attendance Policies, Negotiations, and the Mentor Policy Board.
- Most recently I have assited in the development of the APPR Agreement, and as a negotiator for the KTA contract.